Saturday, April 4, 2015

Striving for Perforation

Lately, it feels like everything in my life is a battle.

Battling to get the kids up and out the door in the morning, battling with historically bad winter weather, battling to stay focused at work, battling with cars on the road, battling to get my weight down, battling with sore and tired muscles, battling to find enough time in the day to do it all, battling to feed, bathe and get the kids to bed at night, battling with the wife over honey-do lists, battling with the 7-year old over homework assignments, and battling with the 3-year old over just about EVERYTHING!

It’s WAR! And, it’s damn near exhausting!

Then, yesterday morning, while I’m battling to open the bag containing my (not-at-all card-boardy) low-carb sandwich wrap, I discover that the plastic is perforated - on the opposite end from which I’m
desperately trying to tear.  Flip.  Zip.  And, like that, all that low-carb goodness is suddenly opened up before me! Ahhh!

Of course, this leads me to wonder how many other things in my life are “perforated” for my enjoyment?  How many battles could be won just by looking at the problem in different way?  How many doors, that are blocking my path to success, have a secret key that can only be found by being relaxed and mindful?

Beats me! I’m too tired from all this battling to stop and figure it out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment